Ami James, celebrated tattoo artist and star of The Learning Channel’s “NY Ink,” has practiced and competed in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) since 1997. His love of the sport and creative unique art has come together in an exclusive set of three “limited edition” BJJ uniforms from Century Martial Arts. Each uniform includes original artwork by Ami, creating an exclusive look for men and women.
“A snake represents growth through change. A snake sheds its skin regularly. In order to grow, it has to shed. Growth occurs through learning and changing. In jiu0jitsu, the only way you get better is by practicing – or going through changes. So I think this animal is very symbolic to what we do on the mat.”
-Ami James, Artist and BJJ Practitioner
• 460 gram lightweight pearl weave fabric jacket
• Double-reinforcement at stress points for added strength
• 100% cotton ripstop pants and collar
• Woven patches on chest, lower lapel, hip of pant, and interior jacket collar
• Inside jacket features Ami James logo on sublimated interior lining.
• Ultra-strong ripstop collar with vulcanized rubber interior for durability
• Flex rope drawstring
• Shoulder and leg embroidery details
• Constructed of a single piece of fabric for a seamless back
• Green contrast stitching throughout the gi
• Vibrant multi-colored embroidered snake embellishment wraps from back of gi to front shoulder
• Arrives in a wooden box with an Ami James illustration branded lid
Sizes: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5